Kilmallock Credit Union Ltd is an affiliated member of the Irish League of Credit Unions. We have been in service to our community since 1963 and continue to offer a financial alternative to our members. We offer a forward looking, progressive financial co-operative with access to finance for all of our members. As part of our commitment to deliver on our strategic goals and deliver the best service to our members, we are recruiting a Full Time Teller/Loans Officer on a permanent contract to assist us in achieving our goals.
The role will be accountable to the Assistant Manager of the credit union for carrying out a range of administrative and operational activities that contribute to the effective running of the credit union
Ideally the successful candidate should have 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role. Qualification such as the Pathways Diploma in Credit Union Studies/APA/CUA or a similar business-related qualification would be desirable. Very strong IT skills are a necessity for this role. Proficiency in MS Office is required and ability to work on one’s own initiative. Excellent administration skills, numerical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail is a must for this role.
Applicants must hold a full current Driving Licence and have the use of a car as the position will require travelling to and from sub offices.
The person must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills. Familiarity with the ethos and practices of the credit union movement is desired.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Processing of membership transactions and member account opening applications
- Accurately and diligently handling of cash; reconcile balances and account for any inconsistencies
- Responding to member queries on a day-to-day basis at the front counter and through online channels
- Processing loan applications and/or refers to senior lending staff where appropriate
- Attend training and meetings, reports on assigned areas of responsibility as required or requested
- Work always in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner, preserving confidentiality, data protection legislation and maintain up to date knowledge of all policies and procedures of the Credit Union.
- Contribute to a pleasant workplace atmosphere through teamwork
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Please forward applications with cover letter
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
by post to Kilmallock Credit Union, Lord Edward St, Kilmallock, Co. Limerick
Closing Date for applications Friday 8th April 2022
Canvassing will disqualify.