Welcome to National Junior Savers Week!
The aim of this week is to encourage children to develop good saving habits for life; it teaches them important planning, budgeting and money management skills. Make sure you download our handy Savings Chart to help your child save.
Top tips for children saving:
- Tip One: Set a Savings Goal. Ask children to decide what they’re saving for.
- Tip Two: Giving pocket money as Small Change makes it easier for children to save!
- Tip Three: Encourage Saving. Give extra money for good behaviour!
- Tip Four: Having a Piggybank or Credit Union account means your children can watch their savings grow!
- Tip Five: Help children Save Regularly so they can achieve their savings goal!
Open a Kilmallock Credit Union account – opening an account is one of most important things a parent can do. It helps them to get the habit of regular savings.
This is what you need to open a Kilmallock Credit Union account:
- Child’s original birth certificate or passport and PPS number
- Photo ID, address and PPS for the Parent or Guardian who is opening the account on the child’s behalf.
- Membership fee of €0.50 to open an account.
- Minimum lodgement of €5.00.
For more information, please call 063 98355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.