Kilmallock Credit Union Ltd is an affiliated member of the Irish League of Credit Unions. We have been in service to our community since 1963 and continue to offer a financial alternative to our members. We offer a forward looking, progressive financial co-operative with access to finance for all of our members. As part of our commitment to deliver on our strategic goals and deliver the best service to our members, we are recruiting a Full Time Teller/Loans Officer on a permanent contract to assist us in achieving our goals.
The role will be accountable to the Assistant Manager of the credit union for carrying out a range of administrative and operational activities that contribute to the effective running of the credit union.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Very strong IT skills – proficiency in MS Office is required.
- Excellent administration skills, numerical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Training will be available to supplement existing knowledge and experience, ideally the candidate should hold at a minimum a Leaving Certificate/FETAC/QQI/Level 5/6 qualification and be willing to engage in further education.
- Cash handling experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Applicants must hold a full current Driving License and have the use of a car as the position will require travelling to and from sub offices.
- The person must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills. Familiarity with the ethos and practices of the credit union movement is desired.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Processing of membership transactions and member account opening applications
- Accurately and diligently handling of cash; reconcile balances and account for any inconsistencies
- Responding to member queries on a day-to-day basis at the front counter and through online channels
- Processing loan applications and/or refers to senior lending staff where appropriate
- Attend training and meetings, reports on assigned areas of responsibility as required or requested
- Work always in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner, preserving confidentiality, data protection legislation and maintain up to date knowledge of all policies and procedures of the Credit Union.
- Contribute to a pleasant workplace atmosphere through teamwork
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Please forward applications with cover letter
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
by post to Kilmallock Credit Union, Lord Edward St, Kilmallock, Co. Limerick
Closing Date for applications Wednesday 5th October 2022
Canvassing will disqualify.