Become a member of a financial co-operative that puts you first.
A credit union’s common bond is the total population eligible to apply for membership.
Kilmallock Credit Union’s common bond is as follows;
- The total population of Kilmallock to Kilfinane, Anglesborough to Hospital, Fedamore to Ballingarry, Broadford to Liscarroll and also includes the town of Charleville. See the map for our full common bond.
- Employers and Employees of local companies situated within the common bond area of Kilmallock Credit Union.
- Local schools within the common bond area of Kilmallock Credit Union including primary, secondary and third level colleges.
- The existing members of Kilmallock Credit Union and their families and friends.
If you fall within any of these criteria, you are eligible to join.
There are so many benefits that you can enjoy as a member.
Free Insurance Cover
We offer both share and loan insurance to support our members. Visit our Insurances section to learn more.
Death Benefit Insurance
Kilmallock Credit Union offer this additional service Free-of-Charge to eligible members, which is designed to lighten the financial burden of bereavement. Visit our Insurances section to learn more.
We have a wide range of loans to support our members for anything that might come their way –education, wedding, home improvements, debt consolidation, holidays, houses – no matter how big or small, we support our members and at very competitive rates.
We offer end-to-end online loans. Click here to Apply for your Loan Online
CUOnline+ & CuMobile Banking
We love talking to our members and helping our members whether in-branch, on the phone or online. Our CUOnline+ and CuMobile Banking App allows our members to view balances and statements, transfer money both externally and between their Kilmallock Credit Union accounts and externally, upload documentation, online loan application amongst lots of other things!
Click here to learn more about our online banking services.
The Credit Union Difference
We are a not-for-profit organisation. We are a community and we are dedicated to serving our members. Our motto is People helping people and we will do our very best to help you
- •Click here for our branch and opening hour details
- Outside of these hours, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also contact us using the Facebook Messenger chat button at the bottom.
- From time to time these hours may change slightly to allow for staff training, bank holidays, or extenuating circumstances. If you are unsure if a branch may be open on a certain date, you can check the news section of our website.
Please click here for information about our Nominations service
Members savings which are not borrowed by other members are invested in the financial markets to earn a return. Financial institutions currently have excess deposits so that some of them are charging credit unions to hold their funds. This is referred to as negative interest. The central bank also require that we maintain regulatory reserves of 10% of total assets. This means that for every €100,000 of savings, we must allocate €10,000 from our surplus into a regulatory reserve. In times of uncertainty (such as we are now experiencing with Covid-19) members tend to save more and borrow less. This has resulted in an increasing gap between our loans and savings. Because of the low interest environment and the increased level of savings, we made the difficult decision to impose a savings cap.
Yes, you can. We welcome member involvement. Make your voice heard at the AGM or run for election to the Board of Directors. If you are interested in getting involved as a volunteer with Kilmallock Credit Union, please contact our office.
Credit Unions in the Republic of Ireland are covered by the Deposit Guarantee Scheme which is administered by the Central Bank of Ireland.
This is a scheme that can provide compensation to depositors if a credit institution is forced to go out of business. It covers deposits held with banks, building societies and credit unions. The maximum amount a credit union member can receive under this scheme is €100,000.